Nana Laird, RN
325-947-3900 ext. 110
Please call or email and make an appointment for any actions plans. medication to be distributed at school, or medical needs for students.
Advice for preventing the spread of coronavirus:
- Get Vaccinated. Authorized COVID-19 vaccines can help protect you from COVID-19. You should get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart from other individuals. Do not gather in groups of more than 10.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. For more guidance see the CDC: When and How to Wash Your Hands. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Being in crowds puts you at higher risk for COVID-19. Avoid indoor spaces that do not offer fresh air from the outdoors as much as possible. If indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors, if possible.
- Stay home when you are sick. Stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
Screening and Testing
Free COVID-19 Testing:
Shannon offers COVID-19 testing at the following locations:
- Shannon Urgent Care West - 4251 Sunset Drive - 325.481.2226 (This location has drive-thru testing )
- Shannon Clinic North - 2626 N. Bryant - 325.481.2271
- Shannon Urgent Care South - 3502 Knickerbocker Road - 325.481.2222
- Shannon Clinic Jackson Urgent Care - 2237 S. Jackson - 325.481.2321
Testing is conducted inside these locations. Appointments are not required but are recommended. You may call ahead and let our staff know you are coming for a COVID visit.
There is no cost to the patient for the test. Shannon is not collecting any money at our testing sites - we are only collecting patient contact and insurance information, similar to any doctor visit.